...Got a request for a movie or fast food item you'd like to have reviewd? Or maybe just something to say? Drop a note in the chatbox on the side column...


Friday, October 30, 2009

Step This Way Please

So... I'm still working on the post ideas that were suggested to me, and I promise I will have something to show for it very soon. But, if you're really in a desperate need to get you some Joel (and really, who couldn't use a little more me in their life?), you can check me out on the Cadography Blog where I post on the 15th and 30th of every month.

My post today is actually the first photo essay/documentary style piece I've put together. Its not actually indicative of the kind of writing I usually do on Cadography, but cad was nice enough to let me post it anyway because she is an amazingly supportive artist and friend.

Anyway, I worked pretty hard on the piece and I'm proud of the results. It's called "Lost in Trinidad," and I would really appreciate it if you would stop by and check it out right here.

And while you're there... check out some of cad's amazing work... seriously, have I ever steered you wrong?

9 comments:

E Rich said...

Really great photo essay Joel, seriously good stuff.

Glad to see you are back blogging, I spent the last hour getting caught up on blog posts. I hadn't checked in since your departure because I took you as a man of your word. Zing.

Joel said...

ahhhh, nice backhanded compliment. I tip my hat to you sir.

jennifer said...

joel, i tried to post my comment on the other blog, but for some reason it wasn't published.

i just wanted to say that your photographs of that woman were beautiful and really moving. your narrative was also extremely powerful! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

jennifer- thank you, im always a little nervous about sharing something so diferent than what I typically post, so your feedback means a lot.

Unknown said...

Hey Joel,

I was really impressed by your photo essay. Impressed isn't even the right word...moved? It was interesting to read something that made you care about this anonymous person but also feel nervous. I was torn between feeling so much for this woman and worrying that you were going to be seen by a cop inviting a prostitute into your car.

Unknown said...

thats basically how i felt too... once she was in the car and we were talking in the parking lot, i was okay, but when she was getting into the car, and when i was dropping her off, i was a pretty damn nerovus... sure, i had the camera and pics to show as proof that there was nothing illegal going down, but cops have heard a lot of stories and who knows if they would have even bothered to listen to me.

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

*Excuse me deleted post.

I'm still not sure something (or someone) didn't go down...

Joel said...

pure class Moe Greene... pure class...