...Got a request for a movie or fast food item you'd like to have reviewd? Or maybe just something to say? Drop a note in the chatbox on the side column...


Monday, November 09, 2009

Rambling Answers...

In response to my case of writer's block, HP made some wonderful suggestions for topics I could post about, including:

Marriage advice
The meaning of life
How to solve inner city poverty
Supporting your children in sports even if you're not a sports fan
Picking a super power
Pepsi vs Coke
Boobs vs Ass

All of those topics interested me. As I read each suggestion I imagined myself writing on each of those subjects and was sure I had enough writing material to last me a month. So what happened?

I responded with absolutely nothing.

That's actually not entirely true. I managed to actually get off to a good start with the marriage advice post. Check it out:

I find the prospect of writing a marital advice post both intriguing and frightening. Intriguing in the sense that its something I'd actually like to write about, and frightening because even before I can get to the advice part there are two obstacles that confront me almost immediately.

[1] That marital “words of wisdom” writings almost always come across as obvious and cliché, even when they’re written by a sincere and capable writer.

And [2] the fact that it’s probably clear to everyone who has read this blog over the years that I’m not all that great at being a husband. I don’t feel like I need to go into detail on all of the ways in which I have failed at the institution of marriage, but lets just all agree to acknowledge that I am egocentric and I am selfish, and so I’ve failed in many of the ways that men who are egocentric and selfish often do.

And just like that, I actually talked myself out of writing the post. I'm not sure if I was so easily discouraged because of the writer's block, or because I genuinely realized it was a subject I couldn't handle... regardless, that's as far as I got... Seriously, aside from stuff like "don't get caught cheating", "don't become an alcoholic", and "don't hit you wife", I've got nothing.

So I've decided to move on to the next topic in hopes of finding something easier. His next suggestion was... The meaning of life...

FUCK! I can't figure how to remember to pay my cable bill on time, so I sure as shit shouldn't be counted on to tackle that subject. Besides, most of my "what does it all mean?" theories make me sound a lot like the grandfather from Little Miss Sunshine and even I'm smart enough to realize you shouldn't say things like that unless you know you're on the way out.

Next up we've got... Inner City Poverty... I'm not catching any easy breaks here am I?

Well, my stock answer is "education" but while I have the floor I'll be completely honest about the subject... The simple truth is that our country and our economic system is not set up to benefit all the people. In fact, its specifically set up to benefit one group of people at the expense of another group. There will always be people on the bottom. There will always be people who are perpetually screwed over.

From an individual perspective, all you can do is try your best and do whatever you have to do to make sure you're not the one on the bottom poeple being screwed.

From the point of view of a general society, we have a moral obligation to make being on the bottom as painless as possible... You know, put on a little lube to make it less painfull. And if you take a look around the world, this is probably one of the least painful places to be poor. There is always room for improvement, but at least we've got that lube on.

Okay... next we've got the dilemma on whether or not to support your child through sports even if you detest athletics... this is a no brainier... of course you have to! Sure, you should provide some perspective on where sports should be on the child's priority list, but anything positive your child chooses to pursue should be met with at least minimal support and encouragement. When your parent ignore you, you end being a stripper, crack head, or semi-coherent blogger.

At this point the topics start to get right into my wheelhouse... Pick a superpower. The options are: [a] invisible, [b] read people's thoughts, or [c] control people's thoughts.

Invisible has always been the most intriguing superpower to me, but there are far too many complications... have you seen that Chevy Chase movie? Are you telling me the best case scenario is getting stuck with the annoying and overrated Daryl Hannah for the rest of your life? No thanks.

Controlling people's thoughts would obviously be the easiest choice in terms of guaranteeing success... but after a year or so it would get old. You sleep with a ton of models, you convince rich people to give you their money, and then what? Where is the challenge?

Reading people's thoughts is where its at! You get that great advantage but you still have the challenge of figuring out how to make it work for you and how to really enjoy it.

Next we've got Pepsi vs Coke... From a fountain? its a tie... Bottle? I'm going Pepsi... and from a can? It has to be Coke.

Now, finally, we get to the topic I was born to speak on... Boob or Ass Man?

Now initially, the answer seems quite obvious... I think we're all quite familiar with my preoccupation with cleavage and the female breast. In fact, my ultimate fantasy in life would involve a half dozen or so well endowed women feeding me chicken nuggets covered in sweet and sour sauce while only using being allowed to use their boobs... and even though I don't have any elaborate fantasies about women's asses, I really do enjoy them immensely.

So my answer comes down to this... I've been with a couple women who's only attractive physical attribute was their boobs, and after 15 to 20 minutes of foreplay you've basically seen and done all there is to do... I've never had that issue with a woman who's best and only attractive attribute is her ass. Its a feature with considerably more sustainability. So my final answer is that even though I would prefer to judge such matters on a case by case basis, if forced to choose blindly between a nice ass or a nice set of boobs, I'm going ass.

And ladies, I know I sound like a total degenerate pig right now, but this is actually how guys really think and talk... This kind of conversation can happen in a room full of lawyers, doctors, peace corp volunteers, and probably even clergy. Its the common denominator of all straight men. If two men who have absolutely nothing in common are forced to converse they'll either end up talking about football or women's body parts... it's 100% true... and if you find yourself offended right now please remember, this was all HP's idea!

8 comments:

HispanicPundit said...

Hahaha. All the other deep questions were really just covers so that I could as you the really important ones: Coke vs Pepsi, Superpower, and of course boobs vs ass.

Though I must say, your response on inner city poverty was impressive. My problem with the sports is deeper: I know myself, and there is only so much I can take before I break. Trying to push myself to go to his sports games would work for a while, but then eventually I will get so fed up that Im afraid I will just stop going altogether. In that scenario, I bet a dad that never went and was honest about why from the beginning is better than a dad who went then stopped going. But who knows? Ill cross that bridge when it comes.

Now, onto the important responses. Your response on the super power was intriguing. I always thought the invisibleness would be the best - but when you put it as a life long challenge question, you are right, the reading peoples minds is the better option. I had never thought about that angle before.

The coke vs pepsi thing also threw me for a loop. I had always thought Pepsi was the far better choice. You make good points about the subtle differences between the two in different contexts. hmmm.

Regarding the age old question, ass vs boobies: As someone who grew up with the brothas in Compton, I have always been an ass guy. Hands down. Frankly, up until recently, I didnt give any point difference to a girl whether she had good boobs or bad ones. I was that much of an ass guy. But lately (before I got married, of course), I was with a few top notch boob girls and there is something about nice boobs in your face that one can really appreciate. But Im still an overwhelmingly ass guy.

Bottom line: I've learned more about you in this one post than all of your other posts. In a nutshell: were alot alike, except you are clearly a far deeper thinker than I am.

cad said...

you guys are such pigs!

Those were my boobs commenting.

As for me...great blog post. And in the sports arena, HP just suck it up man. "There's only so much you can do before you break." You kid my be blessed with the ability to type rather than throw a fast ball. Chill out man. Geez. Arnt you the hardcore, vato loco that now has a corner office. I think there's a A LOT YOU CAN TAKE before you break, obviously b/c you haven't yet.

As for the super power, really Joel? I dont know if i want to read other people's thoughts, only b/c, well i kind of have enough with my own thoughts.

You know what super power i've always wanted. To stop time. Like that girl from Out of this world that could stop time with putting her fingers together. Man, let me tell you i've tried to do that once or twice (or a dozen times) when i'm at work and hella sleepy. But i always wondered. IF i stop time, do "I" still age? If that was the case, i'd be about 45 right now. LOL

And to end my note, i just want to say that you and HP are NOTHING alike. You're way cooler and have way more creativity. Where HP could use an art class or two. LOL

;)

Unknown said...

"I've been with a couple women who's only attractive physical attribute was their boobs, and after 15 to 20 minutes of foreplay you've basically seen and done all there is to do."

I seriously laughed all day about this and I'm not even sure why. Its either trying to picture somebody who's ONLY attractive attribute is their boobs or the fact that 20 minutes later you're like, now what?

I don't have much to add to ass vs. boobies other than a good ass on a guy is tragically underrated. I love a cute bubble butt.

I hate both coke and pepsi - rootbeer and sometimes orange soda are the only sodas I can drink.

After recently attending several dance recitals and band competitions for younger kids, I PRAY my kids want to play sports because at least those events are over after an hour, they're somewhat exciting, and I can talk to other people while the game is going on. If my kid picks something mind-numbingly awful, he/she is just going to have to get used to the fact that I'm only going to 50% of the events. That's what my dad did with me growing up (horse shows) and it worked out fine.

E Rich said...

I would say that I'm initially drawn in by boobs, but I stay for an ass. I'll definitely notice a nice set of boobs first, but I think the nice ass is a better long term option.

And coke is better than pepsi in every single form. When I went to UMD, they had a sponsorship deal with pepsi, so you could not find any coke products on campus. I would seriously make the trip off campus to get a damn coke.

Joel said...

youre just plain wrong on this sports thing... you have to put forth the minimal effort at least. And i think you may eventually feel diferent about it when the time comes. as lauren points out, sports will be way better than sitting through a 2 hour dance or music recital just so you can watch your kid give a 3 minute mediocre performance.

now to the T&A... i actually thought about how your compton upbringing might effect your answer. some stereo types are just true, and the brothas love them some asses... Ive been going through a real ass phase lately. Ive found that I have a thing for the polarizing ass... you know, the ass where half the guys are like "no, its way too big," well, I keep finding myself in the camp of guys saying "actually, I think its just right."

and despite cad saying we're way diferent, I think its a little bit of both. you're a math and science, right brain kind of guy... and I'm an artistic left brain type.... but we just so happen to agree on just about everything important. its a interesting combo.

cad's boobs- you're clearly just upset to find out we all really want to hear from your ass.

cad- stoping time would be an amazing super power, I'd end up groping a lot of totally unsuspecting women... but... that wasn't one of the options HP gave me. Personally, my #1 choice would be time travel... I'd be the greatest sports gambler in history!

lauren- the "now what?" phenomenon is one of the most awkward and unfortunate parts of being a man... our penis forces us to go places and do thing we really dont want to go. every male shower farter could probably tell you a couple of stories about being with a woman and then 20 minutes later wanting to get away and having that "now what?" feeling. and of course there is no easy way to say, "okay that was fun, now you gotta go."

and I really feel for you dad and the horse shwos... tough break for him.

E Rich- I think the McDs in the food court at Stamp might sell coke... I know Ive been there at least a half dozen times and although I cant remember specifically, I would think I'd remember if they had pepsi at McDs... but ive been wrong plenty of times before... and good point on that initial almost magnetic draw of boobs. and with all the push bras and trickery out there now, chasing the boobs can be like chasing fool's gold.

sonrisa morena said...

Joel!! i've missed you!!! so glad you're back!!! and with that said...

I don't drink pop so neither coke or pepsi for me. I've always wanted to be able to read people's mind. i find it intriguing how people handle the same situation differently and have ALWAYS wondered WHAT made them do it that way. as for the boobs vs. ass, i will keep these comments to myself *wink wink* but will say that i'm a bit surprised your final choice is ass :-/

once again, good to have back!!!

Santiago said...

I would normally say boobs. Honestly, there is nothing like it. Even now as I post this, I am imagining a nice set that I can bury myself in. Still, I do have to say. I have fallen for a girl that has a nice little round bottom. Mmm Mmm Mmmm! I mean wow. I saw her walking back today and was just inspired. Nevermind the full glass of whiskey I just had. Before you jump to any conclusions!! You don't know me fool. lol.

At any rate, it is good to have you back my brother. Keep hope alive!! I am out. Santis.

P.S. Boobs. lol. yummy. I know you guys will think of me as a pig. Who cares!! Live life!!

Joel said...

I feel pretty vindicated that some many other "boob" guys share my sentiment about asses... and ladies, my point about this being one of the only topics all guys really want to talk about has basically been proven.