...Got a request for a movie or fast food item you'd like to have reviewd? Or maybe just something to say? Drop a note in the chatbox on the side column...


Monday, March 08, 2010

52 Weeks (5/52)

Okay so I have a couple of things to share this week... to start with, I'm more or less past my breakdown over last weeks poor results. I was seriously close to selling off my gear and directing all my creative energies into becoming a recclusive alcoholic and recreational drug abuser... it might be just as expensive but it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.


But then I came to two conclusions, (1) as romantic as being a wino might seem, I don't think I'm ready for the part where you have to bathe your arm pits in a gas station bathroom, and (2) I'm really not as bad as I thought... I mean, yes, last week was bad, but I've only been trying to learn artificial lighting for a couple weeks now. My passion has always been street photography and I'm actually okay at that.


So with that newfound optimism in mind, I decided to continue the 52 Weeks project and go back to something simple until I have the energy and confidence to try something ambitious again.



So that is my moleskine journal... still going strong... and as you can see, I've been adding in pictures with the Polaroid Pogo I bought a couple weeks ago. They're a fabulous match. The pictures here were before and after fortune cookie pics, I'm not sure why the "after" shot has that weird glow to it, I think it had something to do with the two pics rubbing together in the book? Regardless, I kinda like the effect.

5 comments:

Georgina Baeza said...

You have nice penmanship. I don't know why that surprises me. Perhaps it's because most of the writing I see these days looks like hieroglyphics or chicken scratch.

I love gluing stuff into my journal.

HispanicPundit said...

Im commenting to make the same point LBG made: you write really well.

Joel said...

thanks guys, the really weird thing about my handwriting is that sometimes I write in the all caps block letters you see there and other times just normal lettering... i even changed mid-sentence occasionally and dont realize it until later when I go to read things back and see it looks like two people were writing. it used to get me in trouble in middle school when you had to actually write reports by hand and the teacher would think I had someone else helping me... Ive also never been able to properly duplicate my signature, but thats another story.

sonrisa morena said...

you have what i call "artist" writing. when ever i see writing like that, right a way i know that person is artistic in some way or another. i was trying to make out what the fortune cookie predicted...i was unsuccessful :-(

Unknown said...

"Generosity and perfection are your everlasting goals."

not really true, but if you get the chance to take before and after fortune cookie pics you have to roll with it.