...Got a request for a movie or fast food item you'd like to have reviewd? Or maybe just something to say? Drop a note in the chatbox on the side column...


Monday, March 01, 2010

52 Weeks (4th Week)

I did get a shot for the 4th week of my project, you just can't see it yet! I was busy with school stuff yesterday so I haven't gotten around to giving it a quick edit yet... I'll add it on as an update to this post sometime this evening.

To give you a little background, I had all sorts of issue this week. I had a really great idea for a shot bouncing around in my head all week. However, the subject in the shot (my nephew Kevin) wasn't actually available until Saturday night which is pretty last minute.

And of course, when it came time to do the shoot, everything went wrong. My backdrop wasn't big enough, so I was trying to move things around to compensate, and things basically deteriorated from that point on. I ended up scrapping the idea (or at least sending it back to the drawing board) in favor of something safer (which of course I'm not totally pleased with either). Anyway, as I said before, I'll post whatever I can manage to salvage sometime later today.

It was a frustrating experience but the whole point of this project is to force myself to try new things and learn from the mistakes... I've certainly got the mistakes part down so I'm halfway there!
(Update)
Here it is:

So, like I said, not exactley what I was hopoing for. I did a similar shot with him before (not for this project though) but I tried out a diferent lighting setup this time around... and even with that, I should have used a reflector or something behind him to seperate his hair from the background... ugh... not happy with this at all but at least I can look at it and tell what I need to improve.

No comments: