...Got a request for a movie or fast food item you'd like to have reviewd? Or maybe just something to say? Drop a note in the chatbox on the side column...


Monday, June 22, 2009

The Break-up (Its not You, Its me)

I've been running this blog since the Fall of 2005. I'm not very good at staying committed to anything, so that was quite an accomplishment for me. Aside from, "The Dark Period," I've been pretty decent about posting regularly. The quality of the content wasn't always what it could have been, but in the middle of all the clutter and nonsense I did manage to mix in a few things I'm proud of... and I'm glad I could share that with you.

Over the years we've shared secrets, tears, and quite a few laughs... Just know that every moment was an absolute pleasure for me.

I'm going to let the words of Brandon Flowers and The Killers send me off:

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
send my condolences to good.
Give my regards to soul and romance,
they always did the best they could.
And so long to devotion,
you taught me everything I know.

Wave goodbye.
Wish me well.
You've got to let me go.

10 comments:

Teresa said...

like all break ups, you'll be back begging us to take you back.

sonrisa morena said...

WHAT?!?!?!?! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!...this is a joke isn't it? just to see how much we really like you? WELL WE REALLY YOU FUCKER!!! SO KEEP ON WRITING!!

HispanicPundit said...

Dont tell me this is what I think it is!!! WHY??? What did I do??? I can change - I can be different. We can make this work!

Or...how about we meet in the middle? We don't have to be officially "bloggers", we can be friends with benefits. You can write a blog post when you are in the "mood", I can respond when I'm in the mood. We basically just scratch each others back. I dont get jealous when you blog for others, as long as you dont get jealous when I read others.

Dont think I am a hoe or anything but frankly, I have this relationship with several other bloggers.

So what do you say? Will that work out?

Anonymous said...

Does this have anything to do with the Metro train wreck?

Joel said...

Just to clear things up… no, this had nothing to do with the metro crash (although it did happen on the line I use everyday and has thoroughly screwed up my week) and, no, I won’t be making any comebacks or writing any, "I screwed up, give me another chance," speeches. I've been ready for this for quite some time.

This week perfectly illustrates my utter lack of blogging desire... there was the metro crash that I missed by a couple of hours, a US victory over Spain in soccer, I’ve developed a co-worker crush, and I had a reunion with a long lost friend… yet I never really had the urge to write about any of it.

I even have 3 posts that are already 85-90% written that I haven’t felt like finishing. Seriously, they’re just sitting there ready to be touched up and published, yet it felt easier to write the "I quit" speech than to put those out.

Anyway, I'm going to keep the blog here, I just dont plan on updating it very often, if at all... I'll be sticking with my journal for now… And of course, my email address isn't going anywhere so we can still keep in touch, and I'm not going to stop reading other poeple's blogs… So it's not really a break-up in the traditional sense… I’m not moving to Phoenix to live with another blog, I’m just a changing the dynamics of the relationship… You know, so everything is on my terms.

Unknown said...

But how will I know how to order from the Wendy's drive through??

HispanicPundit said...

This sentence gives me hope, "I just dont plan on updating it very often, if at all"...you left it open to updating in the future should you feel so inclined. That is alot better than a final goodbye, so Im hopeful!

I really hope you do write more because honestly, you are my favorite non-politics blog - by far! I put you in my "musts" folder.

Hope you come out of this writers block soon...

cindylu said...

I thoroughly recommend a blog strike. A month. Or two.

If it feels like a chore, then maybe the break up is the best thing. You can always come back to it if you miss it.

Can you at least promise to do the sleazy confessions? I promise I'll give you another good one.

HispanicPundit said...

Do you use IM Joel?

Unknown said...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw, hp's first comment funny.)